Hire Lila for your writing and editing needs. She offers the following services:
This level of editing includes....
- correcting spelling and grammar errors
- fixing incorrect punctuation
- repairing formatting mistakes in the document's current format
Proofreading has traditionally been the last step in the editing process. For this reason, Lila only recommends proofreading if your document has already gone through at least one round of editing.
Basic proofreading is offered at an hourly rate of $25/hour. All documents are eligible for basic proofreading. Please use the contact form to discuss your proofreading project with Lila.
This level of editing includes...
- all areas covered by basic proofreading
- a free sample edit of a section proportionate to the length of full text
- eliminating redundancy
- editing for clarity and consistency
- maintaining the author's voice throughout the entire document
- suggesting stylistic improvements for stronger sentences
- a quick overview of pertinent legal issues (note: this is not legal advice and not a substitute for a lawyer)
Copy editing is much more thorough than proofreading and can result in significant changes. However, Lila recognizes the need to work within the parameters of your personal style. Copy editing by Lila is designed to strengthen your voice, not replace it.
Copy editing is offered at an hourly rate of $55/hour. This level of editing comes with a free sample edit. Lila is most comfortable copy editing memoir, non-fiction, literary fiction, sci-fi, and short stories. Due to the time-consuming nature of copy editing, it may not be possible to schedule your document on short notice. Please use the contact form to discuss your copy editing project with Lila.
Editing Cheat Sheets
This service includes...
- an exhaustive copy edit of 20 pages (up to 5,000 words)
- a personalized guide to your most frequent technical mistakes and areas for stylistic improvement
- color coding on the marked-up copy and personalized guide for easy understanding of the suggestions
This service is geared toward self-publishing authors who may not have the money to commit to a full copy edit. With Editing Cheat Sheets, you receive customized editor guidance that will help you review your own work with fresh, focused eyes. The personalized guide provides helpful hints for strengthening your writing and correcting your most common technical errors. Weak verbs, excessive description, poor pacing, and punctuation problems are just some of the issues addressed by Editing Cheat Sheets. Using your personalized guide to fix many of your own mistakes can save you money if you decide to commission a full copy edit at a later date.
This service is offered for a flat fee of $150. Editing Cheat Sheets are unique to Lila-- no other editor offers a similar product. All authors are eligible for Editing Cheat Sheets. Please use the contact form to schedule your document.
Lila Moore is available for freelance writing. Her typical rates range from $150-$250 for articles of less than 500 words and $250-$350 for articles of 500 to 1,000 words. Pricing for articles of more than 1,000 words or articles which require extensive research will be negotiated on an individual basis. Please use the contact form to discuss freelance writing projects with Lila.
Please note: Some projects may require upfront deposits. Due to a fluid workload, Lila may not be able to schedule your document on short notice.